Tuesday 22 November 2011

Introduction

So this is my first real blog, I'm not massively sure why I'm doing this but maybe it'll be cathartic, or at least I might get some female input on where I go wrong!  Anyway by way of introduction, I'm a guy in my early 30's, I'm a little geeky by my own admission but I'm fairly comfortable in my own skin.  About 5 months ago I split up with my girlfriend of over 5 years who I loved very much, I was happy and contented with her for the vast majority of that time.  Anyway that means I've been out of the dating game for a long time and the last time I was in it I was much younger a bit thinner and far more able to meet girls out and about in bars or wherever.

A short while ago I joined an online dating site, with a view to hopefully meeting some nice people and having a bit of fun.  No that's no a euphemism, my long term aim is a relationship not a series of one night stands but it'd be nice to make some new friends along the way and maybe try some new things.  This blog is the story of how things have gone so far and how they'll keep going.  At least until I meet either the one for me or give up trying anyway! 

To expand a little more on me, while I've been out of dating for a while, I am comfortable meeting new people.  In fact I pretty much do it for a living so I'm not really the nervous type, in fact I'd be a fairly easy date as I'm reasonable at putting people at their ease and asking questions about them and finding out what makes them tick.  Conversely though I am incredibly bad at knowing if a girl is even vaguely interested in me, to the extent she would pretty much have to either tell me or strip naked in front of me for me to realise.  I'm also very old fashioned, I like to pay for the date (even if my bank manager probably thinks otherwise!), I hold doors open and anything else that goes with good old fashioned manners.  I'm not hugely picky, that may sound like a bad thing but bear with me on it, what I mean is I'm not too hung up on looks.  Yes there has to be an attraction there, I'm not looking for an Ewok or anything but equally I'm far more interesting in people with something to say for themselves.  I love people who are passionate or expert, it doesn't matter in what but I find that kind of enthusiasm infectious and quite frankly I'm interested in pretty much everything anyway. 

That's about as much back story as this probably needs so on with the blog!  I'll update later with how my only 2 dates have gone so far and then run this as a real time blog of my highs and yes far more likely lows of looking for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment