Tuesday 22 November 2011

The psycho girl

Or more accurately psychoanalyst girl.  So my second date was looming, I'd been talking to a psychologist over email.  She was my age, similar background and education to me and came across as charming via email.  We had lots in common, a shared love of French wine, The Big Bang Theory and dogs seemed to help things along nicely.  She was very attractive in her photo's and I'm fairly certain I was punching way above my weight class here which definitely made me a little more nervous than I might have been.

Strangely her choice of venue to meet was the exact same pub as I had picked for my previous date.  Considering the size of the city I live in and the hundreds of bars & pubs this was definitely an odd coincidence.  This time things ran much more smoothly, we arranged to meet at 8, we were both on time and things got off to a great start.  Instant conversation was struck up, the wine flowed and time seemed to be passing very quickly.  About 2 hours later we both realised we hadn't eaten and so to continue the French theme we headed out to a small French restaurant a colleague of mine always recommends.  The food was beautiful, my steak was perfectly rare and the pomme dauphinoise was superb.  She had the same as me though not quite so rare and we shared a nice bottle of red and followed it all up with a couple of good rich puddings.  As the night seemed to be going well we headed up to another bar for a nightcap before sharing a cab home, I got back about 1ish and definitely found myself being as much relieved as anything that there are some lovely people on match. 

Unfortunately though while we'd had the rapport to chat and potentially be friends there was no physical chemistry, from either side.  She was very pretty but just somehow there was no real spark for me.  At first I thought maybe it's too soon after my ex and I just wouldn't find any woman attractive? Or maybe I'm being picky and small things like her smoking put me off? In the end I put it down to experience, we both felt the same way but maybe we will stay friends, who knows. 

Oh and strangely I've also realised something bizarre, I notice hands a lot.  Nice hands seem strangely important to me, I really don't like nail varnish or false nails at all.  I do like dainty hands or hands which seem well cared for.  I can't imagine many other guys are the same but maybe I'm wrong, if there's anyone out there with similar weirdness about hands please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment